Sunday, August 21, 2011

Speed? I am speed...

With Cars 2 out in theaters (and in most of the copy DVD stores in China), the McLains have seen a resurgence in our household of all things McQueen.  Rowan in particular, who loved Cars stuff anyway, has taken to imitating Lightening on his Cars scooter (stopping, crouching down for better aerodynamics, saying "Speed?  I am speed", and then scooting around the house as fast as he can go).

One day he went up to Rebecca and said "Lightening McQueen makes a face like this":


Rebecca immediately thought of Owen Wilson's iconic squint:



She asked him where he saw that, and he showed her:

The toy is actually pursing it's lips.

Finally, I leave you with the below candid shots as Rowan quickly grew tired of doing that particular pose and instead decided to ad lib.  After a month and a half with grandparents he has turned into a total ham.

I call this one "We share a secret."

"I'm dead serious".


No comments:

Post a Comment