Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day two of the bachelor life

Day one was spent at a big dinner and the massage to see off a friend from the U.S., so I didn’t get much time to think about it.  It’s eerie how quiet the house is now.  They all arrived in VA safe and sound yesterday, which was more relieving than I thought it was going to be.  I’m not the type to worry overmuch, but the thought of the whole family on a plane did have an impact.

It's been raining for the past month here, but I was able to get out on the scooter for a quick ride around the lake, taking notes of bus numbers and stops as I went.  The below picture is a new arrival in Suzhou, the sign went up late last week.  The funny thing is that the sight of me in a Harley do-rag or t-shirt on my scooter will neither be funny nor offensive to the Chinese.  I guess I shouldn’t bother spending the money then…

No comments:

Post a Comment