Monday, May 28, 2012

Shots around town

So I've been saving up a few pictures over the last few months.  These items of interest span the globe, so put your seat belts on as it's going to be a wild ride!!!

Rebecca and I checked out this Ramen noodle / Japanese restaurant on date night once.  That's the menu hanging down over the cooks head.

I thought this was an interesting shot.  The painter was doing a beautiful job of capturing the scene.  Although as I recall, there was less flowers (note the jacket in the picture) than what appeared in the painting.

The boys outside of Mammamia, a great Italian restaurant in town.

OK, so I have no idea what this add says.  I can only imagine the BK Chinese Marketing Manager selling the concept to management saying something like:  "If the Americans will use Paris Hilton washing a car to sell hamburgers; then it's proof that sex sells, baby."

We walked into a local convenience store and the guy behind the counter runs over to Riley with the latest issue of "What's on in Suzhou", saying:  "This is you, this is you!"  Riley was quite pleased with himself.  Interesting that the only other white kid in the picture is the headmasters daughter; coincidence???

I'm not sure they know what the phrase "friends with benefits" means.

Ad for our psychological assistance service at work.  To avoid confusion, here's what the English says:  "Ask the Suzhou clear what, only tell the mood of melancholy."

Another ad from the assistance program.  Yikes!

Again, not sure if the hot dog stand was really trying to sell hot dogs and milk tea...

Hong Kongs top brand of oil:  "Po Sum On".

Is there something backwards, or have I been away from golf that long?

That's right, proof that Rebecca's friend, AMG, is a Kommunest.  Go ahead and rebuke me Michael, I dare you.

While in Shanghai, I fell deeply and madly in love with this painting.  It's oil based and the paint stands up about 1/4 of an inch, so it looks very 3D.  A veritable steal at only $4,000 USD.  I briefly considered asking my dad if I gave it to him for his 70th birthday, could I expect to have it back through the estate?

Korean BBQ - Georgia style.  Pork barbecue, kimchee cole slaw, with a side of spicy mac and cheese.  Wow!

Oh yeah, Gladys Knight's chicken and waffle place.  This was on the Facebook "food list challenge".  Overall, the experience was so underwhelming I think if you've ever had fried chicken and if you've ever eaten a waffle, even separately, you should go ahead and count it.  There was nothing special about putting them on the same plate (regardless of what you hear from Man vs. Food).  Although, you do get to "Ride the Midnight Train", which is the combo name on the menu...

A purse and shoe shop, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment